Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Dry Saturday Night

Well, at least it didn't rain. After the monsoon we had yesterday I was afraid we would get some more today. I had a pretty fun night tonight. Nothing spectacular, nothing overly weird, but fun.
Well, one of the first customers I got was a 20ish chinese guy, who I picked up from downtown and wanted to go to the Upper-West. He asked if I could get there quick because he was late for an appointment, but also kept asking me to drive slower because he was afraid. He didn't seem to comprehend that you can only have one or the other. Faster, or slower, not both. So that was irritating but everything else was pretty smooth.
I drove a movie producer. I learned that not all producers are actually rich because they are producers-for-hire, but it's still cool because he produced some films that I've seen and/or heard of. Which ones, I won't say here due to privacy issues. But I'm willing to bet you've seen and/or heard of them too. I gave him my blog address so I hope to see you on my subscription list Mr. Producer!
I got lucky in the middle of the night, because as I was dropping off a lady at Port Authority, a girl was waiting there to go to Brooklyn, and you know you can't really refuse a customer in front of a TLC cop. (Taxi and Limousine Commission cop, for those who don't know.) She was nice though, from Austria and headed to a club in Brooklyn, and it was her first time in Brooklyn! I got lucky because when I dropped her off a guy jumped right in my car and wanted to go back to Alphabet City. You can't ask for better than that!
But the most fun ride of the night by far was an Irishman, his girlfriend and her friend. Irishmen are fun no matter what, and the 2 girls were quite entertaining. They told me a joke which I better not put here, but it was one of the funniest new jokes I've heard in a long time. We shared some more jokes, tried to get the girls to flash us (no luck there), and made fun of a few passers-by. If all my rides were like this one I'd never go home. I'd just be working 24/7. Thanks for the ride guys!
I stopped for lunch at Pizza 33 and had an amazing slice of BBQ chicken pizza. If you're in the area I highly suggest it!

I guess that's really all I got worthy of writing about tonight's fares. Remember Mothers Day! And to any mothers who may be reading this, Happy Mothers Day! If I see any women with children less than 5 years old tonight, the ride is half price. If the meter is less than $6 then it's free. That's a promise.

4 comments:

kruemmelmonster666 said...

:D best first and since back in austria for now last ride to brooklyn! Thanks anthony, my name is Marlene by the way..
greetings from austria, glad u got a customer for your way back

RustedEarth said...

Thanks you! Hope you enjoyed the club. It was a looong line ;)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

RustedEarth said...

Thank you!